So, this morning I was reading my devotion in Jesus Calling and was reading the verses at the bottom of the page. I continued reading Luke 6:37 and it led me to **WATCH OUT ** Luke 6:38. "Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back."
This part stood out:
The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
It made me stop and pause because I had just texted my friend Sara over at Mixon Mania. We have been throwing around our need to go on a mission trip. I referred to this back in my 30 Before 30 list and again on this post! I just can't shake it. I know God wants to open my eyes to the world that is all around us. We, as Americans, are so rich, and it's time I share what God has blessed me with. We look around and we are sitting on nice furniture, watching tv on flat screens, and having good food in our bellies. I know that this is not everyone in America, but I am speaking for a lot of us.
Here's something to make us think:
1. If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than seventy five percent of the people in the world.
2. If you can attend a church or synagogue meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.
3. If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are more blessed than five hundred million people in the world.
4. If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish, you are among the top eight percent of the world's wealthy.
5. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
- found HERE!
Hmm. This brings me around to praying about giving to Cross International and supporting children. With a donation they will be taken care of by Christian parents, have food, clothes, and shelter everyday. I really wanted to sponsor one child, but I felt led to support 2. I pray these children will be blessed by this donation and they will have their needs met.
Thanks for letting me share. God bless you this evening.