Our sweet day of thanks.

By Mama’s Minute - 8:34 PM

 

I am so very thankful for my sweet family. 

 
I had an amazing Thanksgiving riding up to visit my family that lives in Hiawassee. It was a FUN Scream-Machine of a ride. 



 
We visited with family and enjoyed the mountain weather on the front porch. I made the comment to Ryan how difficult it was for me at first to just chill out and relax in the stillness, but finally it caught up to me and MAN WAS IT AWESOME! Sometimes we just need to unwind, and where would a better place be than with family enjoying the fresh air. 



Before we ate, we drove up to a gorgeous spot near the house and shot our family photos for 2012. We had some laughs for sure, and the memories we made were awesome. A memory like Greg trying to race me to the camera and almost beating me there until catching a slippery patch is something that certainly made us laugh. 


Then, it was back to the house for family stories, tons of great food, and laughs.laughs.laughs! I added to the yummy meal with the simple green bean casserole and Kentucky Pie {chocolate chip and pecan pie}!

 After we made it home, Ryan and I headed over to his parents and enjoyed talking with the fam. 
 
 The day was super enjoyable. 

 I think this was the second Black Friday that Mom and I skipped out on. It seems the stores are opening earlier and earlier {10 pm at some places}. There's just nothing I want to wait in line for that much. I am trying to be even more purposeful in all of my gift-giving this year. I can't wait to share some of the gifts that I have for loved ones! 

Hope you and yours had a terrific Thanksgiving! 



 
Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments