Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
1. I love God. I live for Him. My faith is so much stronger than it's ever been and it's because I am taking the time to have a full relationship with Him. It is a blessing that Ry and I can share and grow our relationship with Him together.
2. I was born in Ft. Lauderdale where
3. I wanted to be a meteorologist or a teacher. I became a teacher & run a photography business on the side. I get joy out of both and feel it's what I need to be doing right now.
4. I broke my leg on Easter in 6th grade. I was at my cousin's home and flipped off of the trampoline landing with my right leg folded underneath me. My mom didn't believe me because I
5. I have two younger siblings. I love them! Growing up with them was an awesome thing. I love that we can laugh and cry together. One time we were in Old Navy together when I was 16 and they were 12 and 11. My little brother says to me, "Hey Mom can I get this". HOW EMBARASSING! I didn't want people to think I was his mom! We still laugh about that. I got sooo mad.
6. I am in my last year of school...unless I go for my Dr. I don't believe that will be anytime soon! I have been in school (preschool was only the beginning) since I was 4! 22 years without stopping is ENOUGH! I am thankful I am going, though. I will officially graduate with my Educational Specialist degree in Leadership. I am READY!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
(I wish I had a picture of Ryan's entire outfit - look at the very top group pic for a peek of his socks! During tax season he could care less, LOL.)
Next up we enjoyed the company with great Christian friends and learned even more about one another. It is so neat how we can all come together with a common belief and make a bond that will forever be. God truly blesses us if we allow him the opportunity to come in. I am thankful for the friends I have made and the support we give one another in our marriages/relationships.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
My heart has been hurting since I heard of the utter disaster that Japan has been dealing with. Prayers have been sent their way, and I mentioned to my small group that I would love to serve Japan. I spoke about a mission trip, so if anyone knows of one during the summer please send the info this way! Here is one way I can do this along with you guys RIGHT NOW! Please check out the site For Japan With Love.
I found this info on my sorority sister's lovely blog, The Holt's Hoopla. Thanks girl!
Invite your friends to get more info by reposting this info.
Friday, March 18th will be a day of silence for me on the blog as I give support and prayers to Japan.
Please join me.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
"OUR LIVES ARE THE ONLY BIBLE SOME PEOPLE WILL EVER READ!"
The Vine and the Branches
4"Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can't bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can't bear fruit unless you are joined with me.
5-8"I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.
9-10"I've loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you'll remain intimately at home in my love. That's what I've done—kept my Father's commands and made myself at home in his love.
11-15"I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father.
16"You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you.
17"But remember the root command: Love one another.
Have a blessed night.
Monday, March 14, 2011
This rainy Tuesday is a sick day for me. I am working on things at home feeling sick, but wanted to blog a bit.
So, this T2T is harder because I share a lot with people to make my quirks seem not too crazy or out of the ordinary.
1. I used to be called beaver in elementary school. My teeth
Great shot of my beautiful teeth pre-braces!
2. I split words up into even amounts. Ry says this is part of my OCD! This is really strange to some, but I have met a few people that do this. Here's how it works: I see the word "EXPERT" on a poster, paper, tv, etc...and if it's there long enough I start obsessing over the symmetry. So, to make the word work in my mind I split it into even amounts - EXP + ERT. I am not sure if this is due to my enjoyment of math or what. Now, to really mess with me (or you trying to comprehend this crazy random part of me), if a word is an odd amount of letters like "EXTREME" I will find a letter that is symmetrical like the X or M and if I must E (turned sideways). I would make if right by dividing it into ETR + 1/2 of the X and EME and 1/2 of the X.
Now, that I feel like a FREAK, share yours!!!
Head on over to The Undomestic Momma and let us all know something random about you!
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Sew It Up
Check out my Mom's review of the sewing expo, here!