16 Weeks and Gender Reveal

By Mama’s Minute - 11:46 AM

How far along? 16 weeks

Baby: We are having a GIRL! 

Total weight gain:  4 lbs 

Maternity clothes? I am still in my regular jeans: they are a bit stretchy so I can still button them, but it is not comfortable. I have been opting for the BeBand a bit more this week. My shirts are getting a bit snug and feel shorter than they should. I will just continue trying to get wear out of my tunic tops and stretch pants.

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Going well. 

Best moment this week: We loved spending time with our family on Sunday. They were all so excited to learn what Baby Doss 2.0 is. 

Miss anything? Nope, I am enjoying this part of pregnancy! 

Movement: It's a tiny little movement, but I feel the baby most at night when I sit still and in the morning before I get out of bed. Right now it is such a light couple of kicks, but I know that it won't be long until Vann and Ryan can feel her kicking and see her moving all around. 

Food cravings: My birthday is coming up this week and I mentioned I would like some really amazing Japanese food with the good old yellow sauce! We will see if I am still craving that when we celebrate. 

Gender: GIRL! Vann and Ryan told the Ultrasound Tech they were hoping for a girl. When Vann and I went back on Friday his smile was so big. It lit up the dark ultrasound room. He is excited he will have a baby sister! 

Symptoms: I think I have solved my itchy skin for now. Mom and I enjoyed Country Living Fair on Saturday and I came home with olive oil lotion, soap, and new chapstick. The lotion and soap is Lavender, made with olive oil and beeswax, and has really helped soothe my skin. Life is good!

Belly button in or out? In!

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Still having some pretty strong mood swings. I do not remember this with Vann. We had just told our friends that we were expecting back when I was about 8-9 weeks pregnant and sharing that I wasn't moody at all...that was a mistake. Right after that the moods kicked in. 

Looking forward to: Now that we know the baby is a sweet girl, the nursery details will be planned. We have decided we will continue to use the nursery for the new baby and Vann will move into a new big boy room around Christmas! 



Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments