26 Weeks {The one where I share her name!}

By Mama’s Minute - 12:07 PM

How far along? 26 weeks 

Baby: Today our little girl is around the size of an eggplant (about a foot long and around 2 lbs). This week her eyes begin to open. Her eyelashes are now grown too. She's taking breaths...not gonna lie that freaks me out when I think about it since she's in fluid! It is hard to wrap my brain around how God creates us! Our sweet girl is a miracle! 

Total weight gain: Holding around 14 lbs...feels like 50! 

Maternity clothes? I am loving maternity clothes now since my regular wardrobe doesn't work too well. My poor yoga pants are stretched to the max in the waist. I sure did like being able to wear sandals and dresses when I was pregnant with Vann in the warmer weather.

Stretch marks? The belly is stretchmark free thus far! 

Sleep: I can fall asleep anywhere, but staying asleep is another story. I don't think I have slept like I used to in a couple of years now, so it's nothing new! Life goes on and I have my Spark to keep me going! :) 

Best moment this week: We loved having Ryan home a bit more over New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! Family time is my favorite! Visiting with family and eating some good home cooked food are great for the soul. We had a fun Saturday with friends watching UGA dominate in the Taxslayer Bowl and then on to Athens to celebrate the New Year with our AdvoCare team. Now, it's back to the routine and getting lots accomplished before we welcome our new family member! On Monday night I was putting Vann to bed. We prayed, read books, rocked, and sang songs. He has gotten into the habit of uncovering my belly, uncovering his belly, pressing them together, and telling me his sister is talking to his belly like he talks to mine! This night was different though because as he laid there he started humming with me. When I stood up to lay him in his bed, he pushed his cheek to mine and continued humming. We just danced and hummed...and my heart melted even more. He's a sweet big brother! 

Movement: She's kicking up a storm. I can see my belly shake when she is wiggling. 

Food cravings: Salads this week. I could eat them all of the time. In fact, I did last night at 9:30...what in the world?!?

Symptoms: Clumsiness...I'm always clumsy but it's elevated for sure right now! 4 weeks ago I turned to sharp out of the driveway and the mailbox scraped down the side of my car. GOOD GRIEF! I should be in a bubble. 


What's her name? We have been asked this a lot, but I wanted to blog about it before I made a big announcement. I have had her name picked out for awhile (back before I was expecting Vann). Ryan and I agreed on it after making sure there was no other name we both liked as much. Our little girl is Margaret Katherine and will be called Maggie! She is so loved and Vann loves sharing what his little sister's name is. Here he is after we found out he was having a sister!


Maggie, you are so precious to each of us already! We love you and pray for a healthy, strong baby who knows she is wonderfully and fearfully made! Thank you God for our precious girl!


Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments