The Vow. Who saw it? Who read it?

By Mama’s Minute - 7:11 PM

Source: imdb.com via Van on Pinterest



Who saw it? I may have TWICE! The first time I couldn't breathe. It is a gorgeous love story! The last 30 seconds of the movie get me. When I say get me, I mean make me have the ugly cry. I walked out of the theater the first time holding back sobs! Mom and I made it to Target and bought the book, so we would know what Hollywood changed.

We couldn't read the book before the movie was out. Unfortunately, on Amazon it was $45 due to a small print amount back in the 90's. Now, it's out and cheap at Target! :)

I started reading it on Friday and COULD NOT believe the change they had made. The real Kim and Krickett love story is based around God! Every bit of it! I had read about half of the book when I watched the movie a 2nd time. It was so different that it didn't make me angry. Basically the only thing that is the same is the fact that she loses her memory and they end up together (hope I didn't give it away)! :) I have about 50 pages left and am amazed by how Godly they are. It's amazing what Hollywood takes out for ratings! SAD!! Get the book and READ it. It's a quick, meaningful read.

One thing that I really liked in the movie were the actual vows during their wedding:




And this just makes me laugh! 








Pin It




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I love that quote--I saw it on pinterest the other day and I couldn't stop laughing about it! haha! Hope you've had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to read the book now! Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fiancé just sent me an article about this this morning! We haven't seen the movie yet, but it's on my list- now I'll put the book on my reading list too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely wanted to see the movie, but now I think I want to read the book more! :-) Have a great last day of break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie over the weekend, and LOVED it too! I also can't wait to read the book :)

    If you head on over to my blog
    http://laurapta2008.blogspot.com/
    I wrote an entry today about this movie, and posted a video where the couple was interviewed. (There also is a wonderful interview that the Today Show did with them, I hightly recommend it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show yous some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :)def gonna have to go see this! he is sooooo hoot!

    http://infinitelifefintess.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have attempted numerous times to see this movie, and this small town has gone to see it all at once, and on the same days I have tried watching it. Therefore, 2 weeks after it opened, I'm trying again tomorrow!! CAN'T WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete