Vann is 12 Weeks

By Mama’s Minute - 7:23 PM

Goodness time has flown by! It feels like we just found out we were pregnant, but that was nearly a year ago!

Eating: Vann is such a good eater. Ever since I took out dairy he has been a champ. I was really worried about him going to the sitter's house and not taking a bottle well. He does and I found out why...I wasn't warming it up warm enough. I brought a bottle over to our neighbor Christine's home on Saturday and Kimberly offered to warm it up in her bottle warmer. Vann took it without one second of hesitation. Guess what I bought at Target yesterday? A bottle warmer! I'm still nursing, but this is going to help us his frozen supply in the morning when we are on a tighter schedule. 
{Ava Kate will be here soon!}
Sleep: Vann has been sleeping through the night from 9 pm until 5:30/6 am for two-three weeks now! We give him a bath around 8, I nurse him, and he sleeps on Ryan while we watch a tv show before bed. Then, I swaddle him up and out him to bed. He snoozes the night away until he's hungry the next morning. I couldn't believe it the first time he did it and am so excited every morning when it happens again! 

Growing: He is a growing boy to say the least. Vann is wearing 3-6 month clothes and doesn't fit in his socks any more. We bought some larger ones yesterday. When I measured while he was playing last week, he was 24 inches long. He's in a size 2 diaper. 

Schedule: We are BabyWise fans for sure. I do have to say that I'm more lenient with the schedule than some of my friends in order to get out of the house. He is a cat napper. The naps he takes are 30 min to an hour. In the evening he eats around 4, then around 6:30 and the last one around 8:30. The cluster feedings keep him happy and are shorter than the others. This will fall off as he goes to a 4 hour schedule in a few months. 

Play: What a happy boy! He loves to be entertained. We do a mixture of bouncy chair, playmat, tummy time on his quilt, sitting in my lap and talking, taking walks in his stroller, and playing with his toys. He started grabbing toys and pulling them to his mouth.

We are so in love with our little man. We couldn't ask for a sweeter baby. His smiles fill us up. Thank you GOD for your blessings. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments