God's Whisper

By Mama’s Minute - 8:25 PM

Two nights ago I was rocking Vann to sleep and he was having one of his last nighttime bottles. I tried to hold it for him, but he was not going to give up. I looked at him and whispered, "I have this, you can let go". And then I heard it...God's whisper to me was exactly what I told Vann. He was using my little boy and his bottle to share His truth with me. God said, "Dana, I have this, you can let go of the worry and fear, the what-ifs, your plan...this is My plan".

You see, even though I told my son that I would hold his bottle for him he didn't let go right away. I had my hand on it, Vann had his tiny hands gripped to each of the sides, and no one was letting go. Eventually he got tired and one hand would relax and slip off, but as soon as he realized he wasn't in control he'd cling on to the bottle again. Finally he gave in and I held the bottle, rocked him, and drifted into dreamland.

How many times are we the baby clinging to the bottle? Even though God tells us He has it under control, we still feel the need to be the driver and tell God where he's going with our life. As my son was having this tiny battle of control with me, God shared that I was doing the same thing in life. I want everything to go my way and not His. I don't purposely try to go away from God's plan, but I get caught up in thinking that I know best. Truth is...I don't.

God's plan is so much bigger than my life. He is the painter and we are all brush strokes in His masterpiece. Basically it's what my mama always said, "the world doesn't revolve around you Dana". And boy am I glad it doesn't or I would be disappointing a lot of people. Our plan will never be better than His.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord
plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

2 Corinthians 12:8-9 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.


As I held my sweet boy I was reminded of God's promises. He always has us. He carries us through the hard times and never lets us go. I am thankful for His whisper that reminds me of his faithfulness. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. 



Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments