38 Weeks with Maggie Katherine!

By Mama’s Minute - 3:43 PM


How Far Along: 38 weeks
  

According to The Bump: Your Baby is as Big as a Pumpkin
  • Baby may have about an inch or so of hair already.
  • Baby's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. The head is now about the same circumference as the abdomen.
Sleep: YES! Much better this week. I have still been getting up a couple times during the night, but I can fall back to sleep much quicker. 

This Week: What a great week! While Vann and I ran errands last Tuesday, a sweet lady came over and cleaned our house. I am talking a deep clean. God bless her and her friend that literally made our house SPARKLE! If you need a recommendation, I would be happy to send you her info. She's an angel and our house looks wonderful. My whole demeanor has changed due to the house being "baby ready" now. I feel like this has allowed me to focus on other things that need to get done. She will be back before the baby and then more after while we adjust to being a family of 4. 

On Saturday I was given a beautiful baby shower for Maggie. We were surrounded by friends and family who already love Maggie so much. The food was delicious, the company was priceless, and the gifts were such a blessing. I will post about the shower soon! 

Food Cravings:  God bless Easter and all of the yummy food. I think I am good on food and not really craving anything except fresh fruit and veggies. I don't want anymore sugar! I've had too much the past 2 days. 

How’s Mama? I feel great right now! I went in yesterday for my 38 week appointment and am now a 2 and still about 50% softened. When I began having contractions with Vann and went to the hospital I was a 2 and they almost sent me home. So, to be a 2 right now makes me feel a bit more relaxed about some fears I had. There is progress! Maggie's heart sounded strong and she is head down and in a great position (anterior). Vann was sunnyside up (posterior) and it slowed my labor down for the last 4-5 hours once my water broke. He was healthy and REALLY that is all that matters, but it's nice to know that Maggie is turned in an optimal position right now. I have been praying for this and a smooth delivery. I am trusting God! I let Erin know how the appointment was and we are all saying prayers Maggie stays put at least one more week so she is here for the delivery. She's an amazing Labor and Delivery nurse and in NY for her travel nurse placement right now. 
What I am looking forward to: Meeting Maggie and seeing her in Ryan and Vann's arms! 

Our Baby in Veggie/Fruit Terms: 
  Fun Facts: 
  • weight gain: 30 lbs and HOLDING.
  • stretch marks: none!
  • mood: surprisingly relaxed! 
  • belly button: It's basically blending in with my belly unless I eat, laugh, or cough and then it pokes out! 
  • wedding rings: yep!
Maggie, GIRL! You are so close to joining us. We can't wait to see you and hear your little coos, cries, and snuggle you. Vann is ready for you to come out and play. He's been watching a few of his favorite episodes about welcoming a new baby along with some books that are helping him prepare to be a big brother. We pray for you lots and we are so excited to meet you! 

Still TO DO: 
*Finalize our hospital bags...I hate packing
*Install car seat (it's in the nursery ready to go)
*Get one more pedicure before Maggie arrives
*Gather gifts for nurses and hospital/home guests/visitors



Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments