Reflection of a Toddler Boy

By Mama’s Minute - 8:09 PM

I just need to have some time to think about my sweet three year old. He is growing too fast for my heart to keep up. The days are long when you're in the trenches raising children, but you look up and think where did that week, month, year go? This is where I am. How can my baby boy be nearly 3 and a half.
He's wild. He wakes up each morning ready to face the day with an energy that I can't match that early. He is persistent. He is passionate about what he wants. He loves Jesus and knows that he is loved. He is silly. He makes us all laugh a good bit of the time.
He loves to eat. You can't tell it, but he loves food. He loves frozen yogurt, fruit snacks, and has a sweet tooth like his parents. This boy I love has to know what's next. He loves a routine and a plan. He will fight you when you tell him it's nap time, but falls asleep and sleeps hard.
He's not too crazy about mama leaving him at school. I think it's because he believes that his sister and I are doing something really fun without him. We aren't unless he wants to do the laundry, catch up on dishes, or make phone calls. When he gets picked up from school he's happy and has had a great time.
He is creative. I often catch him wanting to draw and color pictures for his family and friends. Most recently he has started to add pieces of household items to his pieces of artwork. He makes castles out of sand and snakes out of play dough.
He likes to be around people. He always wants to play with someone. He loves for his friends to come over or spend time at their house. He loves his family so much. His best friend is Ava.
He Fred Flintstone's his tricycles around faster than anyone could pedal them. He's an athlete. He runs fast. Swings the bat and hits the ball far. Aims straight.
He wants to be a doctor one day giving shots. The next he's a dentist. Then he's a race car driver. Later he's a police officer, a farmer, a firefighter, a dragon fighter, and a musician. The dreams he has. I hope he's always a dreamer. Never let anyone take that away.
He's a big brother. He toughens his sister up. A little too much some days. But he is always there to protect her. He loves her and takes his job seriously.
He lives for his Daddy. He flies to him each day he walks through the door. His laugh comes alive when they are together. They are best friends.
He is our baby that is growing into a boy right before our eyes and each morning he wakes up a little older. God, let me hold on to these moments that are happening every second. Let me show him love, model what you teach us in your Word, and help him to be who You would have him to be.

I love you little boy.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments