26!

By Mama’s Minute - 12:32 PM

I am so totally bummed because I have no pictures from any of my birthday celebrations.

This year I have been feeling totally and completely grateful for all I have, but realize I have so much! So, I wasn't expecting much...which made it even better when I did get thoughtful gifts or sweet gestures.

First, I love cards where people write heart-felt messages and I definitely got some from wonderful friends and family!

Then, Ryan took me out for my birthday dinner. We went to one of my FAVORITE restaurants...The Last Resort in Athens. It's always amazing each time we go! The food is raised/grown from nearby farms. After we got finished there we headed over to NONA's (used to be Harry Bissett's) and drank an awesome coffee that Ryan's cousin made for me! Thanks Chase!

On Saturday we had a fun day!! We hung out at the house with Danielle, Jon, Chels and Brian and watched the game. Well, really the boys watched the game while we ended up talking in another room and dying laughing. We even figured out the Hula Hoop and the funky way we all hoop! Danielle got me a bag of goodies (so thoughtful in picking out her gifts) and Chels got me the cutest monogrammed ornament I can't wait to hang soon! After that we all piled in Chels and Brian's suv and went to meet more friends at The Melting Pot! It was a blast. I love how everyone that God made is so unique! Wonderful night full of bday people: Jon, Me, Chels, Laura, and I may be forgetting someone!

Next, Sunday was a super busy...but fun day! We headed to Ryan's parents for lunch! I got a nice southern cookbook and the cutest Thirty-One lunchbox! His mom cooked chicken, veggies, fruit and a yummy chocolate pie! It was so good that I wanted to eat it all, but I had to save room. That evening we all (me, Ryan, and Lyla) headed over to Mom and Dads. We had one of my favorite homemade meals Mom makes. The table was full of London Broil, yummy sauce, rice with mushrooms, and veggies! We also had great cupcakes that Mom poured the icing on to! They were super delicious! Mom is crafty and she made part of my bday presents. I got a bottle-cap necklace and cute letters that spell N E S T to put in my home! I also got pjs from Erin and Greg that have quatrefoils on them in pink and white for Phi Mu! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday! Erica also got me an awesome blue watch with rhinestones around the face! :)

I am so blessed! One thing I did notice is 26 feels a little bit old for how I feel. I think I am still an 18 year old sometimes. How did I get here to this wonderful spot in my life?! I wonder what led me here and it is: God, supportive parents, a loving husband, an awesome brother and sister, and fabulous friends. I am thankful for so much! Happy Birthday!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments