Our Fabulous Fall One Year Anniversary

By Mama’s Minute - 4:56 PM



Can we say lovely weekend? Wow, it was our one year anniversary one month ago 10-10-10! We weren't sure where we were going until 2-3 weeks before. I love planning trips that you don't have to wait for too long. We rented a lovely cabin north of Pigeon Forge.

It was perfect and we enjoyed being in TN when UGA won a game!

We arrived on Friday after a gorgeous drive through the mountains. It was so nice spending quiet time enjoying God's beautiful Earth and loving Ryan while celebrating our one year. We checked in at the realty company and got our information. We checked out the cabin and freshened up for dinner.

Our restaurant was fabulous and filling! We enjoyed The Old Mill after our 2 hour wait. Don't worry too much, because while our name was on the waiting list Ryan talked me into to Go-Carts. I didn't want to get beat in the race, so I opted to ride in the passenger seat. Ryan was the winner out of all 10 carts. At dinner we both ate chicken-n-dumplings...I know not really healthy, but we are on vacay! We headed back and got in the hot tub...I'm pretty sure the teenage boys next door were walking through the woods or else it was a bear! Pretty funny!

The next morning we woke up and headed to Cade's Cove. It's a gorgeous, peaceful place! I had never been, but what a neat place.

Then, off to watch the GA vs. TN game in a crowded sandwich shop. It was nice to actually win in front of some annoying fans...if I had to hear "Good Old Rocky Top" I may go crazy!!! After that some shopping at the fantastic outlets! Ryan had so much fun...not, but he was very nice about letting me go in the stores while he say on the park bench. He made some new friends!

That night we had our anniversary dinner. We enjoyed The Park Grill in Gatlinburg. It was a super romantic dinner except for the little girl behind us spying on us! She kept us in reality while the piano player was sending us off into a melody. I have always loved the sound of the piano and it's memories of Mom and Dad that it brings me. I only wish I had that talent. We capped off the night with a fire at the cabin.

Sunday morning we woke up and had a relaxing breakfast. All of our things were packed in the car ready to go. We did some more sight seeing, went to the Apple Barn, Ryan showed me where they stayed when he was younger, and just enjoyed each others company.

On our way home we stopped at a state park where the state lines meet. It has the most gorgeous view. We also enjoyed Cherokee for lunch. It was a nice change of pace and we will be back...sooner than I can even imagine!


Enjoy the pics!







(isn't he handsome???!!!! I love him!)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments