Sunday Fun Day!

By Mama’s Minute - 3:49 AM

So, Ryan signed us up to serve at church on the video and production team. We were asked by our friend, Adam, who we've known a little over two years. He gets the privilege of working at Athens Church. We were at a point that we wanted to serve, but just not sure where. I had tried out Waumba (our sweet 4 and under program) and got spit up drenched in projectile vomit from a sweet baby. I had been asked to serve in multiple areas, so when Ryan said he wanted to serve on Video and Production, I couldn't say no.

We all know I like to take photographs for others. One huge thing about my comfort is that I have time to look at the images produced and enhance those that have a story. Well, guess what... totally different when I am videoing. What you see is what you get! Talk about pressure.

God has given me some encouragement through it all and He is using my uncomfortableness to better myself and Him. I really love serving with Ryan and that's been the neatest part.

I have had to struggle through some of the process of giving time here. For one, we woke up at 5 am to be at church at 630. I like to believe that I am a morning person, but waking up early + a case of nerves doesn't make me the most chipper!

I get so nervous that something bad is going to happen, like me flipping off of the drum stand while I am standing in the funkiest angle and formation to grab a shot.

While I was up there during practice, I must have been holding my mouth open in the weirdest way because about halfway through I couldn't close it. It's like the muscle in my cheek got stuck - I am a freak.

I sweat like no other because of how worked up I get. I also pulled a muscle from my thumb to my shoulder! Who does that? I guess I do. The girl dressed in a "com" system with a headphone set/microphone, huge intercom system hooked on my jeans, a huge bundle of chords hanging from my belt loop, and a camera the size of a suitcase in my hands is a sight to see.

AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE, I loved it! I loved being with the music (my favorite part of our church service and where I worship the most) and meeting our awesome musicians. I loved praying with our team and our wonderful lead pastor. I enjoyed blasting out lyrics because no one could hear me while our drummer was rocking!

Here is a video of what was captured and produced on Sunday am! I am the camera on the drums. Ryan is one of the still ones that recorded the singers!



Ever been in a situation that made you so nervous, yet you still loved it? 

Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So proud of you guys! You did a fabulous job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6:30 a.m.! And we can't even get there for the 9:00 service! Awesome that you guys are serving and I loved the song and the video shots! Those two were beautiful singers (and just plain beautiful, too)!

    ReplyDelete