Vann Hudson : 2 Months

By Mama’s Minute - 12:29 PM

Our little boy is growing up so fast. I know everyone with kiddos says that, but now I know it's true! Sad, but true.
His personality is SHINING through. We had to work through a few kinks earlier on this month, but now it seems that parenting is going a lot smoother.
Every. Single. Night. from 3 weeks until 7 weeks he would cry from around 5:30 - 8 pm. We chalked it up to everything and then came to the conclusion that it was colic. Well, one night Mom babysat and said she thought it was his tummy. It was hard to tell once the crying started because it got so intense. I started focusing in on what I was eating and did away with all wheat, soy, dairy, and corn. So, now I eat rice, veggies, fruit, almond milk, and proteins. We also started using Little Tummy's Gas Drops. I now know my nutrition was the cause of crying for 4 weeks, but since it was healthy I didn't think twice. I am glad Mama mentioned his tummy. Now, we enjoy our evenings. Ryan kept thinking Vann disliked him since the crying started when he got home. Yeah right, he loves his daddy. I found that I can eat wheat and corn and it doesn't upset Vann. Hopefully I can add dairy back in soon!

 {Vann's first trip to a restaurant - six weeks old}

Week 7 also brought in a strict schedule. I should have started day 1, but I was all into La Leche League: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. I love that book, but I am going back to work in November and that's not going to work with the in-home daycare he's going to. Baby Wise has worked right into our lives. It's been helpful to see the reasoning behind a schedule and the wonderful benefits it provides Vann and the rest of us! He is sleeping much better at night. I call 10 pm to 5/6 am a success! Right? YIPPEE! The first night it happened, I rolled over and woke Ryan up with an excited, "HE SLEPT TIL 5!" I felt like a NEW person!
His smile is perfect! It's a huge toothless grin and I love it. My heart becomes a puddle each time it happens! He loves to coo and squeal. He can lay on his tummy and pick his head up and move it from side to side in a very controlled motion. He loves to listen to music. His favorite is the album "Sing Over Me: Worship Songs". They are beautiful praise songs that sound like lullabies. Mom recommended it and I am so thankful she did. He has discovered his hands and feet. He swats at things with his hands and gets them to his mouth to suck on. 


At his 2 month appointment he weighed 12 lbs and 6 oz and was 23.5 inches long! He was a champ and got all of his shots. After doing research, talking with several mamas, and speaking I our doctor (who we love and trust), we decided to follow his immunization schedule. The nurse was incredible and gave them in less than 30 seconds, Vann screamed, but as soon as I picked him up he was fine and back to smiling at Auntie E and me! 

{Ryan's uncle sketched Vann's photo! What a talent!}

{snuggling with Aunt Kayla}

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I've got to come see that sweet boy (and you, of course!) again very soon!!! I miss him!! I have a little goody for him, too, now that we might be in for some cooler weather. Love reading about him and seeing all the precious photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE IS SO CUTE!!!! That pouty face? PRICELESS!!!

    Yay for babywise!!!! You have my phone number right? ANYTIME you need ANYTHING please, please, please text me :) Seriously, I consider it an honor to help others implement it since I remember going through it alone and how hard it was for me! SO EXCITED that he's STTN!!!!! Yay Vann!!!!! (and double yay for mommy too!) Also Britt was very, very gassy. I used mylicon type drops before each feeding and it helped a lot and I would spend her awake time pumping her legs over and over again to release it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I love all of his hair!! And so glad that he is sleeping better and not fussy in the evenings for you now. My little guy has been fussy around dinner time, too... But thankfully it has gotten better in the past couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete