19 Weeks

By Mama’s Minute - 11:32 AM

How far along? 19 weeks (is that for real? WOW!)

Baby: Our sweet girl is the size of a mango (around 6 inches and 8.5 ounces). She is also developing her vernix caseosa to protect her skin from all of the fluid she's hanging out in. Her nerve cells for senses are developing in her brain as well. 

Total weight gain:  6 lbs 

Maternity clothes? The good thing about being a work from home mama is I don't have to get dressed in work clothes daily. My sweatpants and some tshirts (I like to borrow Ryan's) work perfectly. When I do go out, I have a few shirts and pants I alternate between to keep the bump covered.

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: My dreams are still crazy. I wake up and think I have some huge mission or conflict I have to solve. Praise God they are only dreams. 

Best moment this week: This weekend we had our annual Pin It To Win It retreat at Chateau Elan. It was a beautiful time spent with other leaders and lots of learning with a huge dose of motivation. When we arrived home, we hopped right back in the car to find out that Caroline and Thomas are going to have a BOY! 
Vann has been talking more and more about his sister. This morning as he looked at my belly he said, "the baby is getting big. She come out at doctor's so I can show her my monster truck and read a book!" My heart melted! 

Movement: I am still feeling her every once in a while when I am still or right after I have eaten. 

Food cravings: Maybe pepperoncinis with my Olive Garden salad dressing. I think I have eaten salads with pepperoncinis and Olive Garden dressing nearly everyday for lunch. YUM!  

Gender: GIRL! 

Symptoms: I am feeling a little bit more tired this week. 

Belly button in or out? In, but it's becoming flatter. 

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Sweet girl, we are working on picking out your name. Friday is your anatomy scan and we are continuing to pray that you are growing strong. You are so loved! 

Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments