18 Weeks

By Mama’s Minute - 11:11 AM

How far along? 18 weeks

Baby: Our little girl is the size of a sweet potato. She is about 5 oz. in weight and I get to feel her moving every once in a while (when I am still)! 

Total weight gain:  5 lbs 

Maternity clothes? The beband is my favorite invention at this time. Thank God for not having to buy new pants for a bit longer. All of my farther along maternity clothes are for warmer weather. I did have to buy maternity tights to wear to a wedding this weekend. Ryan wondered why they were necessary! I had to explain how "normal" tights would fit this tummy of mine right now. 


Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: It's been better this week!

Best moment this week: We had a busy one but we really enjoyed seeing friends on Friday night, Natalie and Walt's wedding on Saturday night, dinner with family for Mimi's bday on Sunday, and meeting for small group on Monday. Lots of good food and fun! And then...the SUN came out on TUESDAY and we enjoyed playing outside. The sunshine is so good (especially after a week or more of rain)! 

Miss anything? Wearing my regular clothes...I am pretty sure I wear the same thing whenever I go out. 

Movement: She's getting stronger and every once in a while I can feel a couple of forceful (for a 5 oz baby) kicks during the day. I love it and I can't wait until Vann and Ryan can feel the kicks, too! 

Food cravings: We rarely have cereal in our house and I broke down and bought some a week ago. We've had Cheerios, Raisin Bran, and Wheat Chex. It's fabulous! We also got our order of Gingerbread Bars in and man are they good! They are a great snack for me because 1. the ginger flavor helps me get rid of any nausea and 2. they pack 11 grams of protein and 3. pop those bad boys in the microwave for 11 seconds and BOOM! They are delicious! 

Gender: GIRL! 

Symptoms: Feeling a bit more bloated than usual. It may be from the milk or cereal though since I am not used to having those on a regular basis. 

Belly button in or out? In, but it's becoming flatter. 

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Looking forward to: Thanksgiving and Christmas are on their way! It's so exciting, but I would seriously like to have all of the gifts we are giving at the beginning of December. I am also focusing on enjoying each and every day as a gift. I give myself way too much anxiety about the future and things out of my control. 

Baby girl, We can't wait to meet you. Keep growing and getting strong. Your little brother is beyond excited to meet you and share his "monster truck with you". We love you so much already!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments