2nd Anniversary: Saturday + UGA Game

By Mama’s Minute - 2:35 PM

Breakfast made by my husband was the start of our super Saturday! He decided on the way home from dinner the night before that HE was making us a good breakfast. I guess he didn't like my Cheerios. :) The sausage, grits, eggs, apple, and banana were delicious. I am blessed to have him as my love!
I really wanted to hit up some antique stores . . . so we did. Ryno really enjoyed himself, too. I was worried he wouldn't like it. We saw some really old things and some great refinished items.
I bought a candle called Prairie Butter. I can't even describe the smell other than heavenly and when I walk by it I feel like I have eaten the best dessert possible!
After the antiquing, we headed to the outlets . . . the good ones in Sevierville, and had lunch and walked around. We were incognito UGA fans for the most part. There was tooooo much orange happening around the outlet mall, so we headed home to change into our attire. Ryan surprised us with UGA vs. TN tickets!! I got the email about 5 days before with the subject: SURPRISE!

On the way over to Knoxville we were stopped at a red light. The Tahoe next to us rolled it's window down and something flew out hitting my car. I wasn't sure what it was, but I heard the sound of it bouncing off. I opened my door and peeped out and couldn't see anything. Then, the driver's window rolled down and out came the most southern voice you have ever heard. God bless TN. READ THIS ALOUD IN YOUR MOST REDNECK VOICE: "It was just a piece of cannnnddyy. He's just 3 years old. He threw a piece of candy." They repeated the same sentences a couple more times while I sat there with my jaw to the floor. Seriously. . . I didn't even ask. They never apologized one time and just sped off. Parents, a pop on the hand or he's sorry would have sufficed. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES FOR YOUR CHILD! Thankfully there were no dents in sweet Pearl.
His family was up to see the game as well, so we joined them in tailgating and had lots of laughs!
{The Doss Gals. Me, Kayla, and Shelia}
{The Doss Men! Gene, Adam, and Ryan}
{The Whole Fam!}

We made some friends before the game started while I was trying to find a restroom that wasn't a port-a-potty without success. They were very nice and a lot of fun. A couple of them worked for the Channel 8 News Station in town. Cool!
Our location of seats were wonderful, but the sea of orange was not. The lady sitting next to me wanted to start a fight making comments about me. She leaned over and told her husband in a loud, obnoxious voice, "I would much rather sit next to a TN fan". Then, she taps the man in front of her, who she doesn't know, and says, "Boy, their quarterback sure is a one-man show" and looks at me. Needless to say, we had other friends there that had some empty spots near them so we joined them! At the end of the game I was begging Ryan to let me go down there and ask her how she was since UGA won, but that was definitely not the nice thing to do!
It was a great end to our Saturday night in Knoxville, as we walked out with our heads held high!
Isn't that the cutest couple you ever did see? :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments