Day 2 of the Teacher Week Blog Hop!
Teachers, join in!
Wow! I feel like a new teacher myself sometimes. It's hard to believe this is my 5th year.
Advice for a new teacher is the topic!
1. HAVE FUN!
2. Gain the parents' trust by being yourself and with-it! Always be positive and let them know you are there for their child!
3. Be yourself! If you're not, it will be extra hard. Don't worry about all of the teachers and their competition! You worry about you and your little ones!
4. Everything will still be there tomorrow. My first year, I wouldn't leave until 7 pm. NOT ACCEPTABLE! It would be dark when I got there and dark when I left!
5. Give yourself a personal day. Your kids will be thankful you did! That's why the days are there!! To be a good teacher, it's my belief that you must take care of yourself.
6. Remember that they are kids! They need love and need to see that the world is good!
7. The last one is below. Maya Angelou summed it up great!