YOU IS KIND, YOU IS SMART, YOU IS IMPORTANT

By Mama’s Minute - 7:30 PM

Source: borders.com via Katie on Pinterest





Oh, be still my heart. I finished The Help last Saturday morning, so I could watch the movie with my mom and sister! I was supposed to go with them Friday, but sis had to babysit for a sweet family. We went to a matinee on Saturday and I walked out feeling uplifted with selfless tears in my eyes. Go see the movie...you'll see!

I love the book, and as always recommend reading the book before seeing the movie. You always know more background. There were subtle changes to make it flow in the movie, but the point was clear. We are all people, and we all matter!

My favorite part was when Aibileen would say, "you is kind, you is smart, you is important" to sweet Mae Mobley. It broke my heart and tears would fall each time, but it was so special to see that relationship between the two.



If you haven't read the book, read it! It's worth the 400+ pages!



I also love that the author, Kathryn Stockett, is a Phi Mu! Check out the article here!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I LOVED the book and am so excited to see the movie! I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just started reading it on my kindle wednesday!!!! so far so good, i'll probably be done in time to catch the movie at the doller theatre haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie! I loved that they didn't make any of the characters look dumb or have bad accents (being from the South I always hate that! HA!) It was such an uplifting and inspiring movie. That's one to buy on DVD for sure!

    ReplyDelete